STIRLING COUNCIL – Stirling Council services summary

BIN COLLECTIONS – Bin Collection services for your area

LEARNING & EDUCATION – Information about schools, learning and education grants.

ADDITIONAL SUPPORT NEEDS AND WELL BEING – Mental Health, Bullying & School attendance

COMMUNITY & LEISURE – Community activities, leisure centres, sports & entertainment

COUNCIL & DEMOCRACY – local councillors, policies, plans and local council meetings

PLANNING, BUILDING & THE ENVIRONMENT – Info on planning apps, building control

HOUSING & COUNCIL TAX – Finding a house, house repairs or paying council tax

LICENSING & LEGAL – Apply for Certificates, licences and get info on Trading standards

LIBRARIES & ARCHIVES – Your local libraries, search catalogue info from local Archives

ROADS & TRANSPORT – Report a problem with our roads, travel pass or pay parking fine

SOCIAL CARE & HEALTH – Advice on social care, residential homes, Adoption & Fostering

TOURISM & VISITORS – Things to see and do in Stirling: history, culture and shopping

JOBS, BUSINESS & INVESTMENT – Setting up a business, grants, tenders & employment

STIRLING COUNCIL EVENTS – What’s On Guide attractions events and venues

STIRLING COUNCIL NEWS – Local News for Stirlingshire area






Before you start:

You will be required to provide personal information, upload images or attach digital copies of the following evidence in support of your application:

· Photographic proof of identity (for example a valid passport or driving licence)

· Proof of address (e.g recent Council tax or utility bill. If a driving licence has been provided for proof of identity, you will need to provide a different form of evidence)

· National insurance number

· Three forms of evidence of active trading up to March 2020:


Mandatory - Bank statements (business or personal) covering 3 months to March 2020 showing income and outgoings from self-employment and for the account into which they wish to receive the grant, if applicable.


And any two of the following (see list below):

- A supplier or reseller trade account (active). Eg, documentation or a statement showing a trading account with a wholesaler, an eBay seller account, Amazon Business, Etsy, etc.

- Valid business insurance in the trading name of the business or name of the applicant.

- HMRC Unique Taxpayer Reference (if registered). If not yet registered, copy of correspondence/other details showing registration is being sought/or provide further details to explain the position. This should be a letter or electronic communication.

- VAT Registration Number. This should be a letter or electronic communication.

- Marketing materials for your business, eg business website, active social media. Weblinks, social media account name (LinkedIn, Facebook, other).

- Other evidence of business activity to support your claim (eg correspondence with customers or suppliers). This could include correspondence with a supplier or customer, testimonials, a photo of a vehicle bearing the applicant’s details (so long as these match the details on the form).

Thursday 30th April 2020 

The £34 million Newly Self-employed Hardship Fund, which was announced by the Scottish Government last week. 

The new hardship fund will release grants of up to £2,000 to those registered as self-employed during the 2019/20 tax year.  More details below.

Stirling businesses can now apply for cash grants of between £10,000 and £25,000 as part of a new Coronavirus support fund.

This follows an announcement by the Scottish Government and work between Government officials and Stirling Council to agree on a process for the timely and effective processing of grants so they are delivered as soon as possible.

These grants are for all small firms receiving the small business bonus or rural relief, and for leisure, hospitality and retail properties with a rateable value between £18,000 and £51,000.

We will endeavour to pay all eligible businesses within 10 days of application.

Businesses should note that the Council will prioritise letting payments to businesses as quickly as possible, therefore they will not be contacted unless there is a need to discuss the application further. All successful grant applications will simply be paid into the nominated bank account.

Convener of Stirling Council's Finance and Economy Committee, Councillor Margaret Brisley, said: "Stirling Council and our partners are fully aware of the huge impact the coronavirus outbreak is having on local businesses and, through the swift processing of these new grants, we are continuing to do everything we can to support your business and employees during this difficult time."



Useful Contacts

Scottish Government Funding support:



GrowBiz: 01828 627790 / connect@growbiz.co.uk / www.growbiz.co.uk

Federation of Small Business: www.fsb.org.uk

Scottish Tourism Alliance: 01786 459235 / scottishtourismalliance.co.uk/coronavirus-advice-for-businesses-covid-19/

Scottish Food & Drink: Business support measures PDF download >>>

Change to HMRC helpline number

HMRC have experienced some strain in their network provider as more people across the UK are staying at home, so they have now changed their number. 

  • The new helpline number is 0800 024 1222 

  • Open from 8am- 4pm Monday to Friday.

More information on the Tax helpline to support businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found at : https://investinperth.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3588d610d82b2d152b19d4926&id=97091d786b&e=f61be835cb


Planning matters for this area are dealt with by Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park

Planning Matters

Loch Lomond and the Trossachs Planning
Local Development Plan   -  Advice and guidance
Contacting the planning team

National Park on Tourism

Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park – Things to do